Lehman Brothers Headquarters
745 Seventh Avenue was originally designed for Morgan Stanley as a ‘build-to-suit’ 1.1 million-square-foot commercial office building with a 14,000 square-foot adjacent public ‘pocket-park’ located partially within the Time Square Zoning District between 49th and 50th Streets. Conceived as a sister building to Morgan Stanley’s Headquarters at 1585 Broadway, the building was sold to Lehman Brothers after it was completed in the fall of 2001. The project was co-developed by Morgan Stanley and the Rockefeller Group that holds the lease on the 65,000 square-foot property.
The 15,000 square feet of required signage was integrated into the architecture of the building. A new type of LED signage that is not commercial, but rather site-specific, was created in collaboration with Imaginary Forces.
Lehman Brothers Headquarters won the 2001 Construction News Award.
New York, NY 2001
Kohn Pedersen Fox, Kevin Kennon Design Principal